There are a number of electroless nickel plating benefits that many companies are not aware of when choosing a metal plating method.
Below are just a few major advantages to electroless nickel plating:
Electroless Nickel Plating Thickness
The unique substance composition enables complete uniformity in electroless nickel plating thickness. Achieving this level of specificity in metal finishing is imperative for industries that depend on exact measurements of the metals involved. Conversely, it’s overly difficult and nearly impossible to attain a consistent thickness level on a surface with electroplating.
Electroless Nickel Plating Corrosion Resistance
Due to its phosphorous concentration, the electroless nickel plating chemical makeup provides a highly protective layer. The protective layer makes electroless nickel plating highly resistant to corrosion and deterioration when compared to electroplating. This protective resistance makes electroless nickel plating highly advantageous for a wide variety of industry applications.
Electroless Nickel Plating Applications
There are an abundance of electroless nickel plating applications. A few examples are:
- Parts that have minuscule diameters, such as printed circuit boards or transistor chips
- When metals are/will be exposed to acid and brine, such as deep water oil rigs
- Vehicle fuel injection systems, which are subject to the corrosive nature of various fuel mixtures passing through the engine
- When parts have to endure volatile working environments
- Machines operating on combustion since electroless nickel plating minimizes heat-building, while providing natural lubricity
Electroless Nickel Plating Cost Efficiency
From a production and usage standpoint, there is great cost savings associated with electroless nickel plating, such as:
- Operational costs are drastically reduced since an electrical generating device is removed entirely from the process
- Nickel is typically much cheaper than other plating substances, such as silver or gold
- Helps prevent downtime, improves operation efficiency and enhances equipment longevity
Contact Arlington Plating today for more information on the unique benefits of electroless nickel plating technology.